IBM Storwize® V3700, built with IBM Spectrum Virtualize™ software, is an entry level hybrid storage system designed with sophisticated capabilities unusual for a system of this class. It offers efficiency and flexibility through built-in thin provisioning and non-disruptive migration of data from existing storage. Built upon the innovative technology in the Storwize family, Storwize V3700 addresses block storage requirements of small and midsize organizations at an affordable price.
IBM Storwize V3700 benefits
Proven Storwize ease of management, functionality and interoperability
- Ease of use: The new generation GUI and point-and-click system management capabilities offer easy-to-use data management.
- FlashCopy®: Creates instant copies of data for back up or application testing.
- Thin provisioning: Support business applications that need to grow dynamically, while consuming only the space actually used.
- IBM Easy Tier®: Delivers better performance while controlling costs.
- Internal virtualization: Helps you quickly respond to changing requirements.
- Non disruptive migration: Speeds implementation and minimizes disruption.
- IP replication: Reduces remote mirroring costs with innovative network optimization.
- Turbo performance: Increases system maximum IOPS and maximum throughput
- Easily manage and deploy storage using a breakthrough graphical user interface
- Gain efficiency with internal storage virtualization and high-performance thin provisioning
- Have continuous access to data with integrated nondisruptive migration
- Improve network utilization for remote mirroring with innovative replication technology
- Optimize costs for mixed workloads, with up to three times performance improvement with only five percent flash storage capacity using IBM® Easy Tier®1
- Comply with Network Equipment Building System (NEBS) Level 3 and European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI) specifications
- Benefit from advanced functionality and reliability usually only found in more expensive systems
- Scale up to 240 2.5-inch disk drives or 120 3.5-inch disk drives with nine expansion units
- Improve data availability with support for Distributed RAID
- Help reduce power consumption with energy-saving features
In the era of cloud, big data and analytics, and mobile and social computing, organizations need to meet ever-changing demands for storage while also improving data economics. IT must deliver more services faster and more efficiently, enable real-time insight and support more customer interaction. The right infrastructure allows clients to share information, secure transactions and drive real-time insights.
Built with IBM Spectrum Virtualize™ software, the IBM Storwize® family, including IBM Storwize V3700, helps organizations achieve better data economics by supporting these new workloads that are critical to their success. Storwize family systems can handle the massive volumes of data from mobile and social applications, enable rapid and flexible cloud services deployments, and deliver the performance and scalability needed to gain insights from the latest analytics technologies.
IBM Storwize V3700, the entry-level system in the IBM Storwize family, is an efficient, easy-to-use hybrid system designed to complement virtual server environments while delivering flexibility and innovative storage functions provided by IBM Spectrum Virtualize.
- Web-based GUI provides point-and-click management capabilities
- Internal disk storage virtualization enables rapid, flexible provisioning and simple configuration changes
- Thin provisioning enables applications to grow dynamically but only consume space they are actually using
- Enables simple data migration from external storage to Storwize V3700 storage (one-way from another storage device)
- FlashCopy creates instant application copies for backup or application testing
- Remote mirroring over low-cost IP enables efficient backups for data protection
- Helps organizations comply with NEBS and ETSI specifications
- 2U modular hybrid system
- 6 Gbps SAS and 1 Gbps iSCSI host interface with optional 8 Gbps Fibre Channel, 10 Gbps iSCSI/Fibre Channel over Ethernet host ports or additional 6 Gbps SAS, 1 Gbps iSCSI host ports
- Up to 960 TB of capacity
- Maximum disk drives:
- Small form-factor enclosure: 24 x 2.5-inch drives
- Large form-factor enclosure: 12 x 3.5-inch drives
- Supports up to nine expansion units (up to 240 drives per system)
- Dual-port, hot-swappable 6 Gb SAS disk drives
- Support for RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6 and 10, and for Distributed RAID
- 4 GB cache (per controller) standard, upgradable to 8 GB
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans
- AC power (110 – 240 V)
- DC power (-48 – -60 V), available in the small form-factor enclosures