!! CONFIGURATION REQUIRED !!
Dell Converged Infrastructure Server
PowerEdge VRTX integrates servers, storage, networking and management in a compact shared infrastructure optimized for office environments.
New, enhanced capabilities for PowerEdge VRTX
As the first integrated IT solution designed specifically for remote-office and small-office environments, the award-winning1 PowerEdge VRTX integrates servers, storage, networking and management together in a single, compact chassis with office-optimized dimensions, acoustics and security.
Key new features introduce even more functionality with enhanced versatility and improved efficiency, including:
- Additional server node choices: Drive Tier 1, back-end workloads with 4-socket, full height M830 and M820 server nodes featuring huge memory capacity, wide network bandwidth and low-latency Express Flash storage.
- Next-level data protection inside the chassis: Optional redundant PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC) provides high-availability RAID controller failover inside the chassis.
- Enhanced system management: Continued feature set parity between the Chassis Management Controller (CMC) in the data center and the CMC on VRTX ensures system management consistency and simplicity.
- Expanded resources for VDI: Support for optional general-purpose computing on graphics processor units (GPGPU) enables virtual desktop infrastructure in remote office/branch office environments.
Rapidly deploy VRTX to consolidate and manage business applications in up to four server nodes with shared storage and integrated networking. Ideal for remote offices and branch offices of large enterprises and organizations as well as small- and medium-business offices, it offers:
- Huge internal capacities that support extensive growth
- Office-level acoustics, quieter than a hallway conversation so it can operate non-disruptively, even in quiet office environments
- Fresh Air validated configurations that allow you to avoid the need for special cooling or worry when you turn off the AC during non-business hours
- Standard power requirements found in most offices(110V-220V), which allows users to avoid the cost of rewiring for high-line power (typically required for servers and storage)
- Front-access KVM, USB, LCD display and optional DVD-RW
Lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
PowerEdge VRTX delivers 26 percent lower TCO over five years compared to using a local configuration of tower servers and external storage, saving you over $21,300 with a payback period of just 33 months.2 In addition, if you are instead storing data and running applications in the cloud, VRTX can bring you a 63.9 percent lower TCO over five years, with a payback period of just 13 months and total savings of $172,000.3
No compromise on performance
Employing the latest PowerEdge technology and high-availability features, VRTX can help you gain fast application response times, run multiple applications that need performance or low latency, power through peak processing periods and scale for future business growth.
Performance and availability features include:
- Up to four hot-plug PowerEdge server nodes with flexible configurations that can mix and match 4-socket M830 or M820 and 2-socket M630, M620 and M520 blade options to meet your specific needs
- Support for future-generation PowerEdge M-Series blades
- Dual SD cards for redundant hypervisors
- Hot-plug and swappable HDDs
- Many RAID options tailored to specific needs, including optional PERC for RAID controller failover inside the chassis
- Optional hot-plug and swappable power supply units and fans
Versatile shared storage
All server nodes have access to the low-latency internal shared storage, which is essential for clustering and virtualization, including vMotion. This also helps enable efficient processing through peak periods and can improve server-use flexibility.
- Each server node to see the storage as its own singular storage pool
- Assigning virtual disks to single server nodes or across server nodes
- Live migration of virtual machines within the VRTX chassis without the expense of cabling, powering and managing a SAN
- Choice of up to 12 x 3.5″ HDDs (48TB4 max.) to scale for capacity or up to 25 x 2.5″ HDDs (30TB max.) to scale for performance
Integrated networking and flexible I/O
The integrated network switch eliminates the need to acquire, cable, power and manage an external networking switch. Users requiring higher networking performance can choose from multiple networking options for PowerEdge VRTX, including:
- 10GbE and 1GbE internal switch module
- Optional Pass-Thru Modules
- Optional dual port or quad port 10GbE NIC on server nodes
For efficient, cost effective I/O, VRTX features eight industry-standard PCIe Gen 2 slots which can be shared across the server nodes:
- Three full-height/full-length slots that support graphics processing units (GPUs)
- Five small form factor (SFF) low-profile/half-length slots
Simple, efficient and versatile systems management
Full-functioned unified system management takes much of the time and effort out of systems administration and control. Deploy, monitor, update and maintain through a unified browser-based console that covers servers, storage and networking. Dell OpenManage Essentials together with Chassis Management Controller (CMC) and Geographic View for VRTX enables you to keep an eye on everything in your VRTX platforms, anywhere on your network, allowing:
- Consistency with CMC in the data center
- Deploying new systems locally or across a network
- Support for more than 1,000 devices with the ability to launch an application that takes you into the CMC
- Rapid, at-a-glance, map-based identification of remote system location and health status via color-coded icons
- Installing updates to firmware, BIOS settings and drivers
- Performing systems maintenance tasks and problem remediation
- Updating up to 36 servers in nine VRTX platforms simultaneously with only a single system reboot
VRTX systems management is integrated with major third-party management tools, protecting your installed investments and allowing you to use what you already know. This allows you to:
- Avoid the time and cost of training on new management solutions
- Deepen and extend management capabilities beyond the chassis to, for example, hypervisor management
- Install VRTX into infrastructures already managed by Dell OpenManage or third-party management solutions, such as Microsoft® System Center and VMware vCenter™
Global Services and Support
Improve operational efficiency with enhanced systems management
Streamline operations and help boost productivity to get the most out of every dollar spent. Manage your Dell PowerEdge products in a variety of IT environments by automating the most essential server lifecycle management tasks: deploy, update, monitor and maintain.
Global Services and Support
Choose Dell’s premium support service*, ProSupport5, for 24/7 direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.